05/09/2021

York City 4 v Farsley Celtic 2 , 04/09/21, ground #476, LNER Community Stadium

 My first outing to a sporting event since 01/01/20, mainly due to bad weather then covid, and a new addition to our family (a pup not a screaming brat").  After the enforced break from hopping and travelling by trains etc,  I've decided to just pick my games for now. 

Did the 10.30 off Sunnyland, to give me time to grab a winner cider from CentrAle, forgot my bottle opener or could've had 2 as they only had 1 cider can, rest were bottles!


Suppose it was fitting I did an LNER azuma on the way to the LNER Community Stadium. I took my seat in first class (I'm not posh all of a sudden, it was just the cheapest ticket haha), and enjoyed my winner cider aswell as a can of JD & cola. 
I was gonna have a dodge in York Tap for a swift half, but it was heaving full of reprobates & screaming lasses, so I gave it a miss & went over the road for the 9 up to the ground. As it's in the middle of a shopping centre there was a lack of decent pubs about, so got my ticket and had a few inside before kick off.



There was no normal (or real) cider on sale, so had to tolerate Strongbow fruits for £5.60 a pint!! 

The first half was fairly even, city went ahead after about 20 mins with a well taken curling shot, then got a 2nd on the stroke of  HT. Tolerated another rip off  fruit cider, before watching city go 4-0. I left a tad early in order to get back into town avoiding the mass queues for the bus & match traffic. Celtic pulled 2 late goals back to make FT 4-2.





After ticking off the new Sainsburys at the station to get some essential shopping in, I went into York Tap, which was much more calmer & sociable, for a winner pint of Pulp Cider. I then made my way over for the 18.06 back up north.

Transport 

39A Grangetown - City Centre

156485+440 Sunnyland - central station

800110 central station - york (winner!)

9 york station - hunts cross - york station

802208 york - central station (winner!)

156487 central station - Sunnyland

taxi home.

No comments:

Post a Comment