04/01/2020

Buxton FC 1 v Hyde United 2 - 01/01/20 - ground #475 - Tarmac Silverlands Stadium

Back in late June, we decided to go away for new years for a change on national holidays. At first, I was slightly dubious about booking Buxton, incase we had a bad winter & it was burried in snow! As an addded bonus, when the fixtures came out, I was over the moon when Buxton were at Home on NYD! Thankfully, all went to plan in the end :) 
Wifey had a rest day in the hotel, whilst I ticked the sainsburys off in the morning & did the footy on the afternoon. This was only my 3rd game of the season, due to many reasons including shite weather, lack of local grounds to do, buying Christmas gifts etc...  arrived at the ground about 1.50, had a pint of Stowford Press in clubhouse, on next visit to bar, I discovered they did Magners Orchard Berries (winner!! been looking for it for years haha) , so ticked that off just in time for K.O. I got lots of strange looks from both sets of fans walking round taking pics in my BUFC hat! when I got round to the food hut, I decided it was time to grab a cheeseburger & chips (which was lush!), to beat the HT queues, after finishing it off, I joined the end of the Queue in the clubhouse for my HT pint. Hyde were 2 up at HT, a goal mouth scramble gave them the 2nd shortly before HT, then Bucks went down the other end & it the post & bar in their own scramble. Bucks got a deserved goal just after the break, but couldn't force an equaliser. despite the cold weather & result, I enjoyed been away watching footy again :)
£10 in, prog £2. 
season 2019/20 - 3 new grounds, 13 goals












No comments:

Post a Comment