16/09/2019

Ferryhill Town 1 v Shildon Railway 4 - 14/09/19 - ground #473 - Mainsforth Sports Complex

51 Saturdays after my last footy match, it was time to get back on track again! as soon as I found out Ferryhill's new home was in same complex as Mainsforth CC, I made sure I'd get there during the cricket season for my visit :)
After ticking off the sainsburys, I walked down the hill to the sports complex. This was the 3rd venue I'd watched ferryhill play a home game at, only this had the added bonus of a cricket tick & to recomplete the Crook & District League again :)




after a nice hour in the sun watching cricket (and also at HT) it was time for the footy, even tho if you stood near the halfway line of the pitch & turned round, you had a nice view of the wicket to watch the cricket!
Ferryhill hit the post & bar before Shildon scored, who then ended up 3 up at HT, Ferryhill deserved more but luck wasn't on their side against a strong Shildon side. I got the bus back to Bishop outside the ground, grabbed a few winner ciders at morrisons for the train back to thornaby, which was a winner 142, which was nice :)








season 2019/20 - 1 new ground, 5 goals

Transport -
156469 - thornaby - bishop aukland
56 bishop bus station - ferryhill sainsburys local
56 sports complex - bishop bus station
142014 (winner!!!)  bishop aukland - thornaby

No comments:

Post a Comment