19/08/2016

Windscale FC 1 v Sunderland West End 5 - 13/08/16 - ground #416 - Falcon Club









as soon as it was announced that Windscale had been promoted back into the Wearside League, I started to save up for this trek to recomplete the league again :)
I started off on the 7.42 from Thornaby to Darlo, had about 10 mins wait for XC service to central station.Had about 30 mins or so wait for the 9.24 Carlisle train, so couldn't resist a stroll up to McDonalds for a double Sausage muffin (without the egg) ! Thankfully a farce free journey got me to Carlisle with an easy 10 min connection for 10.54 down to Workington. Twas on the 10.54 when the first ciders of the day produced, (I brung 3 from home to save buying the expensive ones on the go) , 2 Strongbows went down nicely before arrival. Then it was a 10 mins walk to tick off Workington spoons where a pint of sSrongbow was enjoyed. got back to the station in plenty of time for the 12.51 Loco-Hauled service to Corkickle, where my last can went down well.
Alight at Corkickle for a short walk to Whitehaven FC (next door to the egg chasing ground) , bus to Cleator Moor FC or Windscale FC (both from opposite Morrisons). Bus to Egremount took about 15 minutes, followed by a swift pitstop in the Wheatsheaf pub, then a 10 min walk to ground, arriving just before k.o. a tight 1st half was followed by a goal blitz by the Wearside team in the 2nd. an excellent feature of this ground, is you can watch the match with a pint, aslong as it's served in a plastic & is consumed in the designated area. the post-match drill was one of military precision & it all worked well !  my taxi was booked to Whitehaven tesco, where I'd already been told the quickest way to the Cider isle by my long term FB mate who'd I'd never got round to meeting, until today. I text him when I got to tesco & he got me a winner pint of Fullback Cider 4.5% in the spoons pub next door. thankfully there were no queues in tesco, so ciders in bag, I made a sift exit to spoons, where I had about 10 mins to say hello, drink a pint & say goodbye to make sure I caught the 16.56 to Carlisle, which I did. arrived back in Carlisle just after 6. I decided it was time for more food, so went to the chippy opposite the station for a chippy butty & ate it awaiting the 18.40 back to central station. the train that was due to go forward from Glasgow for some reason terminated at Carlisle. leaving us to wait for an incoming service from the north east, (full of mags unhappy about the Huddersfield resullt), terminated & we left on it 15 mins late. no time was made up & I missed my 20.33 connection direct to Stockton. 20.43 virgin electric service took me to darlo, where I waited about 20 mins for the train to Thornaby then taxi home :)
a brilliant day out was had, full of footy, trains & cider. no footy for me this saturday, normal local trips to local league grounds resume next saturday :)

2016/17 season - 4 new grounds , 24 goals

transport -
142026+094 thornaby - darlo
220019 darlo - central station
156454 central station - Carlisle
156479 Carlisle - Workington
37409 Workington - Corkickle

156444 Whitehaven - Carlisle
156513 Carlisle - central station
91118 central station - Darlo
142xxx darlo - Thornaby

No comments:

Post a Comment