31/08/2016

Durham City FC Reserves 4 v Billingham FC 1 - 27/ 08/31 - ground 417 - Belmont Community School







this was the 3rd ground I've seen DCR play at home this calender year, not that I'm complaining ! (I'd be happy to do as many County Durham grounds as possible with them & any other teams in the league) . I arranged to to travel up with the Billingham lads for this one, as their coach doesn't live too far from me. I made the 10 min walk or so up to the garage, met up with John, then made our way to Kings, pickin up another enrote, for a head count etc, then it was off to Belmont.
arrived at the ground about 1, so I had a butty & some juice whilst watching the local archery club practise their own shooting!
the match kicked off onn time at 2, the away team had the best of early exchanges & chances, but it was the home team that struck first. as the game went on, Durham's confience grew. a quality strike from "Drogba" for the 3rd the pick of the goals. a late consolation header pulled 1 back for Billingham, but it was a bad day at the office for them. left the ground about 3.55, dropped players off enroute, arrived back at garage about 4.35,  then I made the short walk home.

season 2016/17 - 5 new grounds, 29 goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment