25/09/2026

Aberdeen weekend away , 25/09/26 - 28/09/26

Started on 11.15 TPE to Edinburgh then 13.28 dud 170 up to Aberdeen where i checked in hotel and that was me done for the day. 
I didn't really fancy this trip to be honest.  Health has been horrible last few weeks,  motivation and self esteem very low. Thankfully no rushing about for train connections this time, so i can just relax more and take my time. 
Saturday 26th 
After some early shopping,  i went up to mcds for breakfast.  Then to the bus station for the X60 up to Peterhead. Cheapest fare wss a £21.30 explorer ticket. AI said it was only £4 and takes about 30 minutes.  useless twat! 
Arrived in Peterhead after an arse knacking 1hr 15 minutes bus ride. Then straight to spoons 288 ,  cross Keys 
For a well required pint ! 

Peterhead  1 v elgin city 0  , balmoor Stadium,  ground 532 
I resisted the urge to have a pint in clubhouse,  mainly due to the long bus journey ahead and dwindling finance!
Nice stand for the blue toon ultras !
Peterhead started brightly but elgin grew into it and scored just after 20 mins which turned out to be the winner! 
Thankfully a decent bus for slog back to Aberdeen 
I decided to tick 1 of the aberdeen spoons,  289 Archibald Simpson 
Back to the hotel after a swift half and done for the day 
Sunday 27th 
I'd planned on footy , but as finances were running low, I opted for some required shopping and tick off the other aberdeen spoons 290 justice mill 
Monday 28th 
Hopefully a farce free journey home!  A nice relaxing weekend away,  got Peterhead spoons and footy ground done , which is the main thing. Also ticked both aberdeen spoons.  Hopefully I'll get away again soon ,  unsure where yet though! 
As Reef sang ' been down but I've come back brighter '!  

No comments:

Post a Comment