24/09/2017

Huntington Ladies 2 v Catterick Garrison Ladies 7 - 24/09/17 - ground #451 - Hopgrove Playing Fields





after yet another farcical footyless saturday, it was upto sunday footy to yet again provide the entertainment!  after arrival in york, I made way to the 9 stop, thankfully its a good sunday service, and didn't take long to get to monks cross park & ride (which is next to the massive vangarde shopping centre retail park). I ticked off the sainsburys for the train back cans, then a lush raspberry Flake McFlurry to eat enroute to the ground. due to no 181/M8 bus services running on a sunday, I had to walk along the very narrow hard shoulder on malton road along to the ground. Catterick led 3-0 at HT, the goals flowed more for the visitors in second half. the home team scored a brilliant first to pull it back to 4-1. the only crap thing that ruined the day for me was during the 2nd half one of the huntington staff came up to me & told me to stop taking photos. in 11yrs of ground hopping I've been asked why I bother taking pics of lower league grounds, but never to stop taking pics. it's not as if it was a kids game (if it was I wouldn't of been there!).
after the game, I walked back along the road for the 9, then had a pint of strongbow in the Duke at the station before my 17.15 back to thornaby :)

season 2017/18 = 10 new grounds , 69 goals

transport -
142021 thornaby - darlo
91116 darlo - york
 9 york - monks cross
9 monks cross - york
185130 york - thornaby

No comments:

Post a Comment