09/10/2016

AFC Newbiggin 2 v Whitley Bay A 2 - 08/10/16 - ground #424 - Newbiggin Sports & Community Centre

another long bus trek to a nfa game, took me to the seaside! I got to newbiggin with plenty time to have a brisk walk along the promenade to get some air in me lungs after the dreadful bus journey!








the 1st 45 was a scrappy 0-0 , then the 2nd 45 saw the goals arrive! I'd planned a quick route back to regents centre, but the 35a decided to take a different route than what was timetabled , so I was lumbered with the boring slog on the X21 back to regent centre, which included a drunk who nearly fell backwards before boarding at bedlington, then proceeded to finish off his fish & chips, then made a rolly & sparked it up (all this was downstairs) a few minutes before getting off! not a word from the driver. last Saturday I was upstairs on the X18 to red row, and a lad knocked back 4 cans of fosters by the time I got off! have arriva express busses turned back the years when you could do what you wanted on busses?? I admit, I love a few cans on train journeys, but long bus journeys are hard enough for me to stomach, without the stench of lager, chippy food & cigarettes !!

season 2016/17 - 12 new grounds , 58 goals

transport -
X10 Stockton - heworth
4074+34 heworth - regents centre
X21 regents centre - Newbiggin-by-the-sea
X21 newbiggin-by-the-sea - regents centre
4020+41 regents centre - heworth
X9 heworth - billingham
36 billingham - stockton

No comments:

Post a Comment