13/07/2016

Hartlepool Welfare Athletic 1 v Billingham Town Reserves 5 - 13/07/16 - ground #413 - West View Sports Academy









here we gan again, hopefully this season won't so bad weather & ill health affected as last season was!!
got soaked, drowned rat style, walking from the town to Stockton train station. luckily, the weather was warm & windy when I got off at Hartlepool, so I soon dried off. The 35-40 min walk up to the ground also helped. 
The game was a good workout, mainly for Billy Town Res, who piled on the goals & chances in the 2nd half as Welfare Athletic began to tire & made mistakes. They did tho, manage to score a crackin consolation goal.
from the final whistle, I had about 30 mins to make the 20.18 train home! I walked 10 mins or so & found a bus was due to town, it stopped at the far end of Vic road, which meant a very swift walk to the station was required, I made it onto the platform just as the train pulled in !! If I missed it, I would've been forced to go to spoons for a pint haha. When I got off, I obeyed orders from Mrs J, and called in the offy next to the station for our nightcap, then caught the bus home :)

season 2016/17 - 1 new ground, 6 goals

transport -
142078 Stockton - Hartlepool
57a Winterbottom Ave - Hartlepool town centre
142025 Hartlepool - Stockton


No comments:

Post a Comment