27/02/2016

Spennymoor Town FC U18s 0 v Sunderland Lambton Street U18s 6 - 27/02/16 - ground #405 - Spennymoor Town FC Academy







I almost did this ground a coupla years ago when Spenny reserves played in the Durham Aliance league, but circumstances ment I was usually eleswhere or couldn't get there midweek.. Having completed the DACL last time out, this was one of the 3 DCFA U18 grounds that I needed. I got an arriva day ticket to see me thru the day, arrived at the ground about 30 mins before K.O. the place was deserted, but then a bloke with a bag of balls etc turned up & walked down to the bottom pitch. I made my way down, just as I was wondering if there was a game on, I saw the spenny lads makin the trek down, followed a few mins later by the Sunderland lads.
with Spenny's 1st team plying their trade in step 4 these days, I expected a better showing, but they hardly threatened in the first half, which was bossed by an energetic Sunderland side who led 4-0 at HT. Spenny made a better game of it in the 2nd half but conceeded 2 more.

season 2015/16 - new grounds 26, goals 124 goals

transport -
X12 stockton - Durham
6 Durham - tudhoe
6 tudhoe - Durham
X12 Durham - stockton



No comments:

Post a Comment